Hiring skilled people in any domain, for any function, is a long drawn process. Starting from sending out job requirements, to getting applications, to interviewing, sending out offers, and getting people to join your company, can take weeks. If you deal with a lot of job applicants for a lot of functions, it is quite possible that you have a team to take of this.
Email is an extremely convenient tool for your hiring team to work on the complete process. It really works well for something like hiring which is very communication centric. But then if you are managing your hiring with email, you can hit some really painful problems:
- How does your team know which candidates have been considered in the past, and which people from your team interacted with them
- How does a new member in your team know which positions are open, who have applied, and which stage the applications are in
- How does someone know what was discussed with which candidate in the past
- These are hard problems to solve if you are using email extensively for your hiring.
With GrexIt, your team can easily create a shared mailbox of email conversations going on with job applicants. Here’s some of the things you can do to really streamline your hiring process with GrexIt:
- Add useful email conversations to a shared mailbox. GrexIt is a shared email repository which is really simple to add email conversations to, browse and search.
- Use email Fetch Rules to help GrexIt pull in useful emails whenever your hiring team applies a label to them like “Job Application” or “Senior Engineer Application” or “Selected”.
- Use tags in GrexIt to collaboratively organize the information and apply access controls to the shared email archive.
- Anyone from your hiring team can easily access the GrexIt shared mailbox to see any of the email conversations that have taken place in the past with job applicants.
GrexIt is tightly integrated with your Google Apps email, and can help you quickly improve your hiring process. Go ahead, try it out!