Your Support Team needs your help-desk software to do some very simple things:
- Tell everyone which support queries need attention
- Tell everyone who is working on which support query
- Let everyone know the status of support queries
- View all historical support interactions with a customer or around a topic
I am sure you’ve tried to do it all over Email at some stage, and have been frustrated with the experience. You can use dedicated help-desk software to do your support, but then why do you need to leave your email inbox for doing what is essentially just textual communication.
We gave this a lot of thought at GrexIt, and we figured Email needs to give users two things on top of what it currently has to allow them to do Customer support well:
- Some “Signaling” over emails to convey to team members that this email is a support query, this is being worked on by which team member, and what is the status of the query.
- A central place to archive and make available all support related email conversations that is easy to access, search, browse and organize.
- Use Shared Gmail Labels to tell your colleagues that an email is a Support Request, who it needs to be taken care of by, what is the status of the request etc. GrexIt’s Shared Gmail Labels are labels that can be shared between team members – when you apply a shared label on a conversation in your email inbox, GrexIt pushes that email into your colleagues’ inboxes with the same label.
- Use GrexIt’s Shared Email Repository to store and share support email interactions. Gmail can quietly pull in all support email interactions from your inboxes and file them all at a central place for everyone’s access. You can use GrexIt’s Label Fetch Rules to do this, or simply submit email conversations to GrexIt’s Shared Email Archive by using the “Send to GrexIt” button below an email.
Lets show you exactly how this works.
When a new Support query comes in, Just attach a Shared Gmail Label called Support to the email, and GrexIt will push the email to the inboxes of all your Support Team members with the same label in their inbox.
Assign it to anyone in your Support Team using another Shared Gmail Label. Everyone immediately knows who it was assigned to.
If John had a Support Query assigned to him, he can simply mark it done using another Gmail Label “Done”. Everyone sees the same label on the conversation in their inboxes within minutes, and knows the Support Query is taken care of.
Thats it. Its really that simple. Head over to http://grexit.com to start a free 30 day trial of GrexIt. And if you have questions, just drop a line to email@example.com, and we’d get back to you within an hour.